Thursday, February 13, 2014

Time Capsule

I have not been consistent with writing on here. I ignored That Ethiopian because, in my mind, life came up. I believe it was really because I was so stressed from everything.

Last week a boy from my Advisory did his Junior Speech. One part of his speech that really stuck with me was the little story that he told. For a few months in his Sophomore year he consciously wrote in his Journal. He thought it was really stupid until he looked back and read his notes. In that moment, he was transported a year back.

Another boy in my class said it well, "right now will be the oldest you have ever been, and the youngest you will ever be."

Last quote: "You die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time." I have many fears, but the biggest one is the concept of time. I hate to imagine the future without my friends and even imagining a change with my family is a hard thought to stomach. Thinking about my past also brings sadness. I think of time passing and how in the future I might not be what I hope to become. I want to document my life, I want to be remembered somehow.

I think the craziest part about this is that I will read this post far off in the future as an adult and so much will have changed. I wonder how I will look at this bitter-sweet post, I have so many questions for future me!

No comments:

Post a Comment