Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Galore




I had such a great Valentine's Day. Who was my Valentine you ask? My mother! I was pretty excited when I went into my bed after a long Thursday night to find the card. Pfft who even needs a man when you have a great mother by your side! The next school day was great for many reasons. It was Valentine's Day, dress down day, and it was Arts Mania. After school my mother and I had a great mother daughter night. We also picked up new prescription glasses. All in all, a pretty fulfilling day!






















It was such a great experience performing taiko drumming and being able to learn more about Japanese  history!





















The drummers were extremely good. Their music was not the only magnificent part of the performance, but also just they way they presented themselves!




 I had SUCH a great time with the Zumba instructor! She incorporated different body movements to the steps I was used to. I can't wait to mix her advice with what I know for Spring.

Note: Not pictured was the Tai Chi instructor. I was impressed with how calming the moves were, and his lesson on the history of Tai Chi as a defense definitely caught my attention. 

I learned a fair amount of different types and forms or Art today that I never knew, and was educated more about the subjects that I was already interested in. Overall a great experience!


Valentine's Galore

What did you do for Valentine's Day?

4 comments: